At James White Drinks we recognise the importance of a healthy environment to our community, business and economy; we are conscious of our impact in the environment including greenhouse gas emissions. We strive to improve our environmental performance and seek ways to engage our staff, customers and local community to encourage the use of recycled materials wherever possible.
Our production complies with the existing environmental regulations and seeks the reduction of pollution, emissions and waste, whilst trying to maximise recycling and reuse opportunities:
- Our disposable cardboard, plastic and glass is collected by recognised companies who make use of them to produce recycled materials;
- Our general liquid is contained, collected and disposed of in accordance with current legislation;
- Our fruit and vegetables pulp is collected by local farmers who then use it for livestock;
- We monitor and record water, gas, oil and electricity consumption in comparison to production and aim for progressive efficiency and reduction;
- Staff are trained in the energy efficient operation of the business and are encouraged to ensure that energy efficiency procedures are maintained.
We have proudly achieved a reduction of 4% in our carbon footprint from 276.3t CO2e (2016/17) to 265.8t CO2e (2017/18), while increasing our production by 3%. During the same period, we have cut down significantly on diesel tCO2e usage from 17.8 to 11.4. We have set ourselves ambitious targets for 2020/2021:
- Reduce our grid electricity consumption by 10%.
Through this policy and the associated action plan, we will continue to promote awareness of environmental considerations in all other areas and seek to continually reduce our environmental impact and grow our business sustainably.